Saturday, December 26, 2009

A sneak peek at Maid Marian

I saw the trailer to the new Robin Hood at the theater yesterday...it looks a lot like Gladiator, pretty violent. So I don't think I'll be seeing it in the theater. I can't handle much gore on the big screen, I'll probably wait and watch it when it comes out on DVD. But the costumes do seem pretty awesome! Check out Maid Marian:

I can't wait to see more of her costumes. I think this blue dress is really lovely. It looks quite peasant-ish. I'm curious if she's going to be a peasant or if here she's just dressed that way to blend in. Either way I'm sure her wardrobe will be lovely. :) What do you guys think?

5 comments:

  1. The blue dress IS lovely, but if she's supposed to be a widow she wouldn't be a maid anymore.
    *sighs*
    But I love Cate, so she'll probably pull it off ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she supposed to be a widow? I didn't know that. Hmm...I wonder what the storyline will be like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Widow's good. Anything to deviate from the well-trodden ideas in recent retellings. The whole ex-Crusader thing has really been done to death.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont like to watch violence either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh hoo hoo!!!
    I can't wait for this one! I hope it's not TOO terribly violent! Cate Blanchett is SO good! I am very curious about the storyline as well.
    I hope it's good!
    xo
    Margo

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin