Sunday, October 12, 2008

Inspired....

I got about a 6th of my Elizabeth Swann corset boned yesterday during our Lord of the Rings marothon. I decided to go ahead and do it all by hand...and it's actually really fun. I'll post pictures of my progress soon.

But right now I wanted to share with you one of my dream dresses that I would love to make. The "Breathe Gown" from the beautiful film Ever After. I really want to make this dress and I just might start planning it and keeping my eyes open for little bits and pieces to go on it. It's extreemly detailed...which I think is why I want to make it. I love detail. Anyway...here are some pictures for you to enjoy:



So, that's one on the list of future projects. :)


3 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOVE THIS MOVIE!!! All the actors are my favorite and the Era is one of my favorites and the dresses are...breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you make the wings too? :)

    so beautiful! one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking for a seamstress to make this dress for me actually. I am having a victorian style wedding and it would be PERFECT! ( without the wings of course though...)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin