Friday, December 2, 2011

The Best Invention

I think one of the coolest inventions is the bias tape maker. I never had one of these until last year it was on sale and I decided to give it a try...brilliant! So much easier than using a seam gage and burning your fingers with an iron. (I would know)
I used it yesterday to make a casing for a Regency shift. Can you believe it? I'm back to costuming!
You can see more pictures of the shift here: http://pemberleycouture.blogspot.com/2011/12/regency-chemiseshift.html

(I don't know why but bloggers link button isn't working on my computer)
Hope you're all having a wonderful day! I'm off to do some more sewing!

3 comments:

  1. I think my sister bought one of these, but I've never used it... I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it and You did a great job. I appreciated your work and I will refer this to my friend. Thank you for sharing.

    wholesale kids clothing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love binder makers so much I've bought several in sizes I'm never likely to use including one that produces binding 5 cms wide. I bought it cos it made me laugh ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin