Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Great Gatsby

I've been watching the progress of The Great Gatsby ever since I heard Baz Luhrmann bought the rights to make a film of it. Baz Luhrmann is one of my favorite directors! He directed Australia as well as Moulin Rougue and Romeo and Juliet. I know this will be a stunning film, but besides that...I can already see the costumes are incredible!

 I read somewhere that Tiffany's is doing some of the jewelry and Baz's wife Catherine Martin is designing costumes once again, as she's done on all of his films. Her work is so incredible!
The film also stars Carey Mulligan, Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire.
I'm excited to see more!

2 comments:

  1. Love Carrie Mulligan! Those costumes look beautiful!

    Sadly, I hated the book so I don't know if I'll watch this...

    Love you friend! Miss you sooo much!

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I will either...depends on the rating and such later. But the costumes sure are fun to look at! I started the book years ago but was too uninterested in the first chapter and couldn't get past that. Love and miss you too!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin