Thursday, April 5, 2012

Maid Marian Progress

My Maid Marian dress is finally coming together! I attached the collar today while watching an episode of Robin Hood for inspiration. But I realized I left the beads to finish the beading at my parents house in storage...so I may have to wait a little while before I finish that part, but it can be added after the dress is completed so it wont hold me up!  
 I did much more simple beading than on Marian's dress since for this particular project I didn't want to invest that much time in it. But I think it still looks okay.
 Pinned down:
 All done being stitched on:
 Also yesterday I attached the sleeves, yay! It's getting so close! Just need to do some seam finishing on the inside, eyelets down the back and hem it and I think it's nearly done! Unless I decide to make a beaded belt....still not sure about that yet.
Alright....off to watch more Robin Hood and do some more stitching!
♥ Anna Kristine

8 comments:

  1. That is really lovely! And the beading is just right. So, where are you going to where it first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! I don't think there will be anywhere to wear it here in SC. It will probably wait for when we are back in Central Oregon. That's where all my costume buddies are!

      Delete
  2. I haven't been on blogger in a while, but thought of your blog when I saw Hunger Games today. I was curious to see if you've been drawn to the costumes in this new movie. They are quite good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen The Hunger Games (not sure if I will) but I hadn't realized it had good costumes...I will have to look into it!

      Delete
  3. So pretty! So exciting to see it coming together!

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beading is beautiful! You are doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have so much done! How do you do it?? It's a beauty! I love the sleeve lining!
    aimee

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin