Friday, November 28, 2008

Corset Update :)

I finished binding on almost my entire first half of my Elizabeth Swann corset! It finally looks like something resembling a corset now which makes work on it all the more enjoyable. But...the best part...I started doing the eyelets...I love them. :)
These are the front eyelets which are smaller than those in the back:
And these are the back eyelets:You can't really tell the difference in the photos I suppose. But I had to show them to you anyway. :)
I love hand sewing the eyelets, although I'm not a huge fan of hand sewing the whole corset. I think on my next corset I'll use the machine and then do the eyelets by hand. I just love the authentic feel they give to the garment!
But...I still have a whole half of a corset to go!

1 comment:

  1. Your corset looks wonderful and very authentic! Keep sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin