Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sewing Sunday and Corset Progress

I got a whole bunch done on my Elizabeth Swann corset Sunday and finally had the thought to take pictures of the steps of how I'm sewing it for you. :)
I trace all the sewing lines with disappearing ink:
Then I stitch them:
Isn't that exciting? haha
I just had to take a picture of this cute little thread, it looks like doll size yarn or something.
Started putting the binding on!
It's starting to look like a corset, finally!
I'm going to have to take a couple of the boning peices out though I'm afraid. I used random boning, some plastic, some metal and I had this roll of vintage boning which seems to have been curled up too long to ever lay flat. So I think I need to take the vintage boning out. I'm almost out of boning though so I'm going to have to make a trip to the fabric store before I can do to much more. But there's lots of seiwng on the second half I can start on! *sigh* Am I really only half way?
Gen sewing: (She whipped out so many projects while I sat there being a silly HAND SEWING my corset.) Keep checking out their blog for cute things in their shop!
Aimee making something fabulous for their shop: (Will let her suprise you!)
Margaurite sewing: (something to do with tulle and dolls and ballet) ;)
And I just jad to show you Margaurite's darling little sewing machine:
And the ever so faithful Jebbers: (he is such a gentleman while we ignore him as we madly sew)

And that was the mad sewing weekend. :) Today I'm cleaning like crazy so I can start some more sewing soon. My Etsy shop is in great need of new things to wear I think! :)

2 comments:

  1. wow looks like fun! I wish I had friends to come over and sew with me, sigh, none of my close friends are into my sort of things. :( but hey, I'm glad you girlys had a great time and the corset is looking great! that little thing of thread is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How hard is it to make a corset? On a
    scale of 1-10, where is it?? I'm sure it's for the more advanced, I was just wondering HOW advanced. It looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin