But with the sleeves from this pellise in Janet Arnold's Patterns of Fashion 1:
So, here is the fabric I'm using, it has a wonderful woven pattern through it. I LOVE this fabric. :)
The lining wont really be seen but I think it's pretty, little cherry branches:
So first of I started with the sleeves. I'm realizing now I should have started with showing you what the pattern piece originaly looked like but I forgot to take a picture. I changed it though by making the edge straight like the one in Patterns of Fashion and cut five horse shoe shapes along the edge.
Then I sewed the lining (wrong sides together) only inside the shapes:
Then I turned them inside out and pressed them and sewed the side seams then sewed them into the band. I then ran a gathering stitch straight up from the top of the cut outs to the top of the sleeve:
I atatched black ribbon on the inside:
Then brought it up across the gathering and tacked it to the top of the sleeve:
But I just have this problem where I HAVE to make it as authentic as possible. I'm hoping to get the bodice a ways today. My friend is coming over for a Gilmore Girls marathon so I shall have plenty of sitting time to sew!