Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New Nanny McPhee

A new Nanny McPhee is in the making starring Emma Thompson, Ralph Fiennes, Maggie Smith, and Maggie Gyllenhaal. It's called "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang". The thing I'm super excited about though is that Jaqueline Durran is doing the costumes! (costume designer for 2005 Pride and Prejudice, Atonement) I can't wait to see what she comes up with. I know it will be wonderful. :) It's set to release in Europe in spring of 2010. I have yet to find the US release date, if there will even be one. But as soon as I find pictures I'll do a post about it. :)
Here's some pictures of the first Nanny McPhee, costumes designed by Nic Ede (designer for Flyboys, Lorna Doone)


I'm sure Jaqueline Durran will do just as wonderful of a job...I'm looking forward to it.

7 comments:

  1. that green jacket is fabulous. so rich :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So they are using Emma Thompson again, but not Colin Firth? How sad! But that other guy that is playing the father looks just like Firth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, isn't it divine? I love those brilliant jackets. :)

    Bria, I'm guessing it's a whole new story with all new characters and so it's a new family that Nanny McPhee "helps". I don't know the storyline and I haven't read the book so I'm not positive. But that's my guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the first movie. The colors were so rich and I thought it was very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love Maggie Smith I looking forward to it!
    Gr. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nanny McPhee! I *still* haven't seen it (argh!) but must, must. I love Colin Firth, Emma Thompson, and Maggie Smith.

    Happy to know they're making a second one, but very sad Mr. Colin will not be involved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my! i want colin firths green jacket!!!!! or was it colin firth? ...um...i think i'm confused...yeah?..YEAH. I'm confused.;)
    aimee

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin