Thursday, July 9, 2009

Elizabeth Swann Underpinnings: Still in Progress






I just wanted to let you know I haven't given up on my Elizabeth Swann corset! I am about 2/3 of the way done with boning the second half and then just have to do binding and eyelets and then find the perfect lacing! I'll update with pictures soon, for now...you can just drool over a picture of her corset:

Once I finish that I'm hoping to tackle panniers. Which should be fun! Has anyone made some before?
Here is a picture of Elizabeth Swann's:

After that I think I'll start my Duchess gown. I need the underpinnings first anyway to give it the proper look. Then someday I'll make one of Elizabeth's dresses. There's just so much on my list of things to do. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I adore the costumes in the PotC trilogy! I can't wait to see your finished projects! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of things on my list, too. ;) But I can't wait to see your finished projects!

    Just gave you an award - http://amandabethonline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh beauteous! I LOVE that corset! happiness..
    aimee

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin