Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bronte films

It looks like there are some new Bronte films in the making. A new Jane Eyre is set to release in 2011 starring Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) Michael Fass bender (300), Judi Dench (Cranford) and Jamie Bell (King Kong).




Also in the making to release the same year is Wuthering Heights starring Gemma Arterton (Tess of the D'Urbervilles) and Ed Westwick (Gossip Girl).



There's also an upcoming film about the Bronte sisters entitled Bronte. I'm not sure if this film will come about or not as it's been on IMDB for a few years and is still in pre production.
It's good to know there are more costume dramas on the way! Even if Jane Eyre has been made a hundred times. I'm excited to see what they're like!

6 comments:

  1. Fun! I'm always up for a new costume flick, no matter how many times it's been made.

    The movie I'd really like to see made is a faithful, long version of Mansfield Park. It's the lone Austen that hasn't had a really good adaptation yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! exciting! I love Jane Eyre!
    I haven't seen a wuthering Heights that I really like yet, but maybe it's just the story. hmm.. I haven't actually read it so that might make a difference. =]
    Love ya!
    ~Marguerite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days ago I found your weblog. Since then I am one of your followers. I am very fond of the Bronte Sisters and made a weblog about them:
    http://kleurrijkbrontesisters.blogspot.com/
    I am very curieus about the new Bronte films, I cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bronte sisters are some of my favorites! I can't wait to see what they come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This just made my night! I cannot wait for the new Jane Eyre!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin