Friday, January 27, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman

It seems shortly after the Snow White inspired 'Mirror Mirror' hits theaters, another darker retelling will hit theaters. Snow White and the Huntsman is a version in which, instead of killing her as the queen orders, the huntsman trains snow white to fight the evil queen. This version stars Kristen Stewart as Snow White and Charlize Theron as the evil queen.
 The movie is from the same producer of Alice in Wonderland and you can see similarities such as her armor is similar to Alice's and the mushrooms in the poster above remind me a lot of the Alice in Wonderland poster.
 It does look as though the costumes are really well done though. Colleen Atwood (also known for Alice in Wonderland, Sweeny Todd, A Series of Unfortunate Events) designed the costumes.
 It will be interesting to see how this version turns out. I'm hoping it's not too dark. I read somewhere it would be somewhere along the lines of The Lord of the Rings. But I have a feeling I will prefer the more light version with Julia Roberts. However the costumes in this do look neat.
I love what they've done with her sleeves to give her the Snow White look in a more authentic historical way:


I'm interested to see if she wears any other dresses in the film. It all looks beautifully done so far!

4 comments:

  1. That's Thor! Too bad I don't like Kristen Stewart or the concept of the film. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am disappointed that Kristen Stewart is in this as well especially when the wonderful Chris Hemsworth is it-his talent should not be wasted against her truly amazing lack of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of the concept of the film either, I'm not sure if I will even see this version...but the costumes sure look awesome! I like looking at them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a segment on E! and they interviewed Charlize Theron, talked about her costumes with a few close ups. Visually, it looks amazing - but I'm a bit confused by the Lord of the Rings tone of it. That certainly won't stop me seeing it though:)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin