Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Finally...

Costumers Guide put up photos of the Duchess gown I've been in love with since I first saw the film in cinema.

I LOVE how the stripes are in the back...looks amazing! :)
Looks like it closes with hooks and eyes in the front:

Lovely hand top stitching! (Click on the picture for larger image)
*sigh*...I have fabric to start a dress inspired by this one but it isn't striped so I wont get to do the cool back. I think it will be lovely though...I need to get going on that! But my sewing room is in desperate need of some organization I think before I start any more projects.

3 comments:

  1. That is absolutely gorgeous! I have not seen that movie, but I do love the dresses from that era!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo hurry up and organize girly! I want to see this gown remake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. Daring with vertical stripes running down the sleeves.

    Good luck with the tidy up - you never know what you might rediscover.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin