Friday, April 24, 2009

BBC Robin Hood Character Costume Study Season One Part 3- Will Scarlett

Will Scarlett Costume Study
Robin Hood Season One

Will Scarlett joins Robin's gang after being saved from the gallows for stealing some flour. Will lost his mother to starvation so this guy knows what he's fighting for possibly more than anyone else in the gang. He's a quiet person but is the brilliant design behind many a plan to rescue people and occasionally themselves.

Shirt
Will's shirt looks almost as though it's made of some kind of jersey fabric. It's basically the same as most of the guy's shirts, pullover, fitted sleeves.



Tunic
I think Will wears two tunics in season one. They are both the same color, but one has less trim. We first see Will in this tunic:
There is a leather fastener in the front at the neckline:
There is a thick cord binding the neckline and shoulder seams:
Then later he wears what looks like a lighter weight tunic that has a lower neckline and looks like a blanket stitch or whip stitch around the neck and arm holes:



Scarf

Will is first seen wearing a beige scarf twisted together with a cream (maybe used to be white) scarf.
Once he's in the forest he adds a green scarf. Had to have some green somewhere, ya know. ;)

Belts

Will is a carpenter and loves working with wood so he wears lots of handy belts which hold his tools and things. Comes in quite handy!


Trousers
Will wears light brown trousers and there are some leather (braces?) on one leg.

Shoes
Will's shoes are made of leather most likely:

Disguise
I love this outfit. I think the hood is so cool, it laces up on top and is trimmed in a light tan:

The hood is lined with fabric that looks like it could be the same as the trim:
The waistcoat reminds me of a Civil War Union soldier:
He wears the waistcoat and cloak over his usual orange shirt and trousers:
Locksley Pendant/Tag
Not only does Will get one of these too, he designed the special "gang tag"!
Pretty clever lad. :)

Leather Wrist Band
Will wears a leather wrist band over the right sleeve of his shirt:
Laces underneath:
I want one! :)

Hooded Capes
Okay, this guy wears a ton of capes and I don't think they're all the same. I don't have much to say about them so I'll just show you pictures and I think you can see for yourself how they work. :)
Disguised as a prisoner:



This hood laces up on top on this one as well, I love that.



That's all I could find for Will. I think his capes are so cool and I seriously want to make some leather wrist bands.

4 comments:

  1. I want to see Robin Hood sooo bad!!! I have seen two episodes on youtube. I love all the characters. But who is the asian woman that looks like she walked out of the army? I don't think she is in the legends of Robin Hood. I am loving this searies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bria, the character your referring to is Djaq (real name Saffiya)she is a Saracen who Robin and his gang rescue from a slave trader. She disguised herself as a boy so she would be safer and took on the name of her twin brother.
    She isn't originaly in the legends although she does follow in the latter-day tradition of a Saracen character being added to the band of outlaws. She is the first female to be featured in this role.
    Haha, when my friend's and I first saw a clip from Robin Hood with her in it we were like, "who's the girl scout leader" but once I got to watching it I think her outfit is pretty awesome. Her outfit is way more awesome in Season 2 though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With every post that you do about this show it makes me want to see it more and more!! AH!! It looks so AMAZING! I love how you study each character and you talk about each piece of clothing. You don't over look anything! :) I love the capes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *SIGH*!!!!! oh he is soooooo handsome. do you know what freaks we are to not comment on THIS post?? crazed out of my mind! i mean really like wow! great and amazing and wonderful and ....*sigh*ing all the time about this excellent costume study! crazy good job! Oh he is sooo cute. heh heh no but really you did do a good job. ;) hey ho.... and nonny no....whew! ok..
    a. babe and I know I m. but what are you?

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin