Wednesday, April 29, 2009

BBC Robin Hood Character Costume Study Season 1 Part 4- Annie

Annie Costume Study
Robin Hood Season One
Even though Annie is only in one episode, I thought her costume was noteworthy! (as is pretty much every costume in this series, in my opinion!) And I thought with all these posts about the boys we could use some femininity! ;)
Annie is a kitchen maid in Nottingham castle so her dress is simple but it's so pretty. :)

There is an under dress of a solid greenish fabric which appears to be in a basic medieval style and then a overdress made of a light grey fabric with patterned lines throughout it.

Laces on the side from armhole to around the hip:
In this picture you can see the stripes across the bodice:

The neckline is trimmed with little yellow flowered trim, so cute!

The sleeves are 3/4 length and are trimmed with the same trim as the neckline and it almost looks like gingham?
Annie is played by a lovely actress called Joanna Horton.
I'd love to make a dress similar to hers one of these days. I just love the overdress with the side laces. :)

4 comments:

  1. Some of her dresses remind me of Eowyn's dresses. So very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful...
    I love this over dress too!
    I also thought of Eowyn when I saw her. =]
    I think I am in love with all the peasant-y clothes right now. They are just so... real looking. =]
    Good Job Anna!
    ~Marguerite

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this actress was so pretty, and that is a lovely dress. I never noticed the detailing before. Thanks for thinking to include her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah, Yeah...it does rather remind me of Eowyn as well. :) I hadn't thought of that.

    Marguerite, aren't peasant clothes the best? I love how rough and worn they look. :)

    Lissawi, I agree, she's so pretty! It's funny because after doing this costume study I was watching an episode in Season 2 and the character Beatrice (in episode 7) wears the same dress. I might do another post about it when I get to Season 2 since there were a lot better shots of the dress. :)I thought it was funny that they re-used the dress, but only a costume fanatic like me would notice that. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

Although I continually talk about movie costumes on this blog, I am not a movie reviewer. Not all the films I discuss are recommended and I do not choose to review weather they are appropriate or not for the simple fact that every person's standards are different. Something that is fine for me may be offensive to some one else and visa versa. If you would like to look into the appropriateness of a title, I recommend pluggedinonline.com. I have not seen all the movies I discuss, and am simply interested in the art of clothes in film. I will leave you to decide for yourself if you will watch the movie or not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin